Monday, June 29, 2015

bad or unenthusiastic responses

Hello!! Another half year had pass. Lots of things had happen in these few months. Actually, I wanted to blog, but I couldn't find the right time and lots of distraction at the same time, since I love to watch drama and variety show. ah hem..... Running man and WGM...

Quick update on myself about what brief happen in these months before I share the topic that I'm gonna issue. Finish my finals just few week ago and start to catch most of my Running episodes and WGM. Of course, managed to watch finish some kdramas, eg, School 2015, Ex-girlfriend club and currently watch Orange Marmalade.

Results for my last December finals... I failed all... *sigh* 
So I resit for F4 and F9 and took new paper which was F7. Gonna take F5 resit paper on September that's coming soon. For this time finals, I don't know that I have the guarantee that I'll pass, but I'll pray hard and hope it will pass. I don't want to fail again :(

~~~~~~~~~~

I just came back from my Penang trip with my CAT gang. It was fun, it I have the time, I'll maybe will blog about it.
 
What I want to talk about here is RESPONSES.

This hits me because on the last day of my Penang trip when I was traveling back to KL for lunch in Ipoh. We were sitting near where the server/drinks maker and that kopitiam or hawker stall also known for the fruit ice blend. 

The ice blender sound was quite loud, and one of my friend told me,
Friend: "Hey MX, the sound sounds like Ferrari car"
Me: "What??"
Friend: "The ice blend"
Me: "Oh... okay" 

And then her expression wasn't good, like she didn't expect that kind of responses and feel disappointed My excuse of being like that was I half awake since I was snoozing in the car.

Me: "Then what you expect me to response??"
Another friend: "You should be more excited like, 'Woah!! I know right!! It does sound alike!!'

Then I felt guilty for responding like that because this wasn't the 1st time I'd responded like that. She mentioned before that it's like I pour cold water (in Chinese expression)

At that moment, it also remind me when I was young. I like to try to impress my mom on everything I do. For example, I would draw a pic almost everyday and wait for her until she comes back after work to give it to her. Her response was like "oh, okay. Thank you", that's it, if I remember correctly. I also remember that I tried to do something, I forgot what it was, and my brother was around. So I asked him whether that my mom would like it or not. He say, she won't bother much. It turn out, it's true. Her response was not what I hope for.

Until now, sometimes I would share my stories that I thought was excited or worth sharing. But I share almost everything to her. Most of her responses were short responses till now. When she gives short or unenthusiastic responses or even sometimes she will not have response, I would feel a tiny bit of disappointment, but it doesn't bother me much as when I was a little kid. I know it's her character and she actually listens. It's just that she also do not know also how to response.

I realised that my mom and me are not the expressive kind of people. 

So when my friend asked me like that and I responded like that, I know that feels cause it happen to me and, it might sounds like an excuse, my mom also rubbing on me until I also don't know how to be more enthusiast. I also trying to work on myself to be more enthusiast. Hwaiting!!!

Peace out (Y)

No comments: