Thursday, June 25, 2015

Penang Day 3

Today's is gonna be exciting, nervous and tiring day, I think. This is because today we will be spending most of the time in the Escape Park.

We had dim sum for breakfast, because we actually don't know what else to eat before the hectic day ahead.

At least that we were full enough for the workout later. Our plan at that time was reach Batu Feringghi around 10am, since that was when the park opened.

At first, before going in, I was like feeling like super brave and confident and I said I'll try all the extreme stuff, like the bungee jump, flying fox, monkey business, etc. *nervous laugh* I said it too early... When I got there, I took back all the words I said to anyone that I told. I was back to the scary cat. It took me some time to get my guts together to try out most of the stuff..

We try the Monkey Business 1st. Monkey business has 3 level. Of cause we will try the Level 1, we are not pro!!! Gosh.... It was my first try, I was beat already. Since it was my first, I admit, I was pretty scared that I would fall in the middle of the course, I know myself I'm not a good "balancer". At the same time, I felt guilty for WL. Level 1 has 2 line. After the 1st line, WL didn't continue the 2nd line, and I should had been lining or standing before her, at least she had someone got her back. In the end I did managed to finish the whole course of level 1. 

At the beginning, the girls said that after level 1, then will continue level 2. *lol* But we end up said, try other things 1st only continue level 2. everyone was already tired and arms were numb and sore from grabbing the wire and rope and the tenseness if fall.

XY's friend had recommended that play from the back of the park and slowly move forward back to the entrance. When we play monkey business, there was not much people, that was like we chose monkey business level 1 first.

After the monkey business, we bought some can drinks... You must prepare on spending lots of money on the F&B, since the prices there are about 2 times of the normal price. 

Next stop, we tried jungle swinger. I of cause hesitant to do, but wanted to try at the same time. My first impression of this was like Tarzan. It was fun, and scary at the same time. I wanted my eyes to open when I jumped or fall, whichever was the correct term. End up my close my eyes. 

Next of, Kite flyer. I think this was pretty scary. We need four people to play this. Two sit on the kite another two need to cycle in a bicycle prepared somewhere behind. PQ and me one pair and S and XY another pair. PQ and me sit on the kite first, cause S and XY can rest later when we ride the bicycle next. The bicycle is to lift the kite to the height for drop off. When I got strapped on my harness to the kite, my thoughts went wild. I was like starting to regret getting on, thinking that I would fall off *touch wood!!!*, like I said all kinds of thoughts were running in my head. At the same time, I see that I gradually slowly lift higher of the ground and S + XY was like complaining that they had not enough energy to cycle more, I heard that the worker took over and helped us to lift it higher. The anticipation on it was tense. Moreover I was in charge on pulling the trigger to drop off. 

The moment when the guy in charge for counting down to pull the trigger, I was so nervous and pull. End up I forgot to lift my head up as instructed just now. At the starting of the drop off was super scary. Scream my lungs out, my heart felt like it had jumped out from my chest. In the end, I felt nice and the adrenaline rush make my legs felt weak. I felt adrenaline from every thing anyway, since I'm actually a scary cat. Then next it was our turn to cycle S+XY up. PQ is an athletic. So when we cycle, I can't catch her up, she so fast. The chain of the bicycle keep came off, I felt so embarrassed of being so slow. I was grateful the PQ keep her pace at the beginning with me and then later on she took over. We success!!! Without the worker's help.

Flying lemur was next. Flying lemur is a longer flying fox. We need to hike quite a bit. When we reached we strapped ourselves on harness, WL didn't join us on this again. When I stand on the platforms to start do the flying fox, there was always the hesitation the start. I manage to step off the platform. XY was in front of me and PQ was behind me. S was the first in line. Until the last leap, it's considered the longest flying. When I was about the fly out, suddenly I saw XY reversed back and got stuck in the middle of the line. Then the person in charge for the flying lemur came for the rescue. *lol* The only way to describe how he rescue is like, he had to how the cable in a monkey-like. Moreover, he pull her quite fast also.

While we finish the course while waiting for PQ, we were told the guy will open another path for the flying lemur. This path it's considered advance level, because it has obstacles like in the monkey business. The guy there said estimate will finish in 30 minutes. After I heard this, I'm being a pussy and didn't follow S and PQ. So XY, WL and me were waiting for them. Another reason why I didn't follow was because I was also starting to feel tired. After 15 minutes, S and PQ finish the whole course. All of us were surprise by the time. Then I was thinking, I should had follow them. One of the reason they were fast was they were around the first few to enter the advance path.

After the flying lemur, we had our lunch. I can't say I enjoyed my lunch, Had some beef patty burger. Yup, nothing much to say about lunch. It came with a drink, but, yup, that's it. We rest up a bit.

Next Stop. Tubber Racer. We had to carry our own tube up the slope. Caution... The slope are slippery. Haiz.... Everyone that was carrying the slope were annoyed that we had to carry and tired just right after eating and afraid whatever we ate will come out. I slipped a few times. *lol* We need to climb the slope for quite long. We can slide down by groups. PQ and XY went down first. Then S, WL and me later. It was thrilling a bit on the start and later just feel nice. But, we slide down was way faster than we walked and climb all the way up.

Atan's leap is something like bungee jump but not bungee jump. It's more like free fall in Camp 5 in 1 Utama. The moment when climb to the top, the feeling it was something like in Kite Flyer, I think 2 times more nervous?? cause is my own leg that need to fall out. At first I didn't want to play Atan's leap since I was about to chicken out. Friends convince me and I also gather my tiny guts to climb the stairs. It's 20m high. Damn.... It's scary... I actually forgot to land, so I landed on my butt... *lol* One thing for sure, it was hurt. And also, maybe it was bit shocking when I step out of the platform, I was like choke on my own scream or maybe too shocked to scream. and my heart was pumping like crazy.

We kinda got much time to bit kill, so we thought replay the Kite Flyer. When we were back to the place, there were a group of people already. XY, S and PQ wanted to play.. I wanted out. But I don't mind to partner with PQ, if she wants to play. So while waiting for our turn, PQ suddenly change her mind that she doesn't want to play, but we need to cycle them up. 

At that time, we need to wait for quite some time. So S and PQ went to try out the Aerobat. I know my strength, I so know that I know I can't swing and lift myself up. I watched Strawburry17, she did once. So yeah...

When we were done with aerobat, we thought of going back to kite flyer, but we saw the same group as just now was still there, so we change our plan to back the flying lemur, since XY and me haven't try out the advance level path. And also we manage to convince WL to join. This time, WL insist that she don't want to be last in line. So I volunteer to be behind her. PQ was out here, because she doesn't want to do things twice. So PQ in charge of taking our photos. When I was doing my 2nd obstacle, I already could hear XY and S voice. I was patient and give some support advise to WL, cause I could she that she was hesitating a lot. I think it took me half an hour to finish the whole course.

WL asked the guy in charge whether she's the slowest. Of cause he don't want to hurt her feelings, and said she was the fastest. He also mention there was a girl got stuck in the middle around 4 times and that's break record and WL also break record, and we all had a good laugh.. :)

Lastly, we end our trip here with monkey business level 2. I was out, WL was out and XY was out. S and PQ was the fittest went and try out. I was chickining out. XY became photograpger for S and PQ. WL and me just chill~~~

So let's the picture party begins!!










Our gloves, except S, bought from Daiso



The guy in charge in flying lemur/rescuer 
attempting on climbing a coconut tree






















In the end of this trip, I of cause had fun, despite all the tenseness and adrenaline rush. Experience things I might not do it again. I did feel proud in the end, even though I didn't play all. At least I've accomplish a bit of my bucket list.

Before we return to our rooms, we went a trip to have cendol. XD

Then we return, bath, rest up a bit and we look for dinner. Our initially plan is to eat some fried oyster and the famous Aki Pancake. Who knows when we reach Super Tanker and pancakes in Aki Pancake was sold out. Bummer.. We were too hungry already, so we settled our dinner there.

We continue our food hunt to Gurney Drive for Crepe Cottage.
Coconut crepe
Mango Cup
The ice cream was very smooth and the fragrance was very nice.

In the end of the night, everyone was super tired, everyone had sore arms.

And yeah... So that's it... Day was well spend... Tired... Happy... And what else... Yupp.... That's all..

Peace out!! (Y)

No comments: