Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Penang Day 1

Hey Hey!!! Finally went for a trip!! This trip I went with Shane(S), Pei Qian(PQ), Xin Yi(XY) and Wei Lin(WL). We travel there by car and was Shane who drove. She has a better car than all of us and a better driver. Mostly our trip was planned by S and PQ booked the accommodation

1st thing 1st, at 8.30am PQ and me meet up in WL's house to wait up for S to pick us up. After that we pick XW up at her place. Then we start our AWESOME journey... *yay!!*

Normally in average people take about 4 to 6 hours to drive to Penang. Okay... Maybe 6 hours is a bit extreme. Guess how long it took us to reach Penang. Approximately 3 hours. Dang.... That's fast... What can I say??? She's a fast driver. What's important that we manage to reach Penang safely.

Since we reached Penang quite early and it wasn't time to check in to our rooms. The place we stayed was near Air Itam, So we went to near Kek Lok Si to try out the infamous Asam Laksa for lunch. The food was nice. What I like about this store is they gave a lot of mint leaves. I'm a big fan of mint. *big grin*. I'm not a really a spicy eater, so I also find the spiciness also quite okay.
Asam Laksa and fresh sugar cane drink
To just kill time to check in after lunch, we paid a visit to Kek Lok Si temple. 
Cute cat display
Kuan Yin Pusa

A little small memory. I remember that when I was a little kid to find my eldest brother that was having his internship in Penang at that time, we visited here to. At that time, the roof shelter wasn't built yet, but they did offer to donate roof tiles for the roof. My family had donated one tile for this roof. I just felt nice knowing that my family had contributed a bit for the roof *warm heart*












our attempt on making at "thousand hand" *epic fail :/*
Our accommodation, Click here if you interest

We took many wefie until we don't know how to kill more time and we finally go accommodation. Our room was nice and spacious. Good Facility too!! Has gym and swimming pool.
Main living room


Our room




The Jacuzzi


After we meet up with the land lord and some recommendations and made a mini explore around the floor that have swimming pool and gym, then we start our food hunt!!

1st we went to Kek Seng coffeeshop to try out their kuey teow soup.
Yup, it has a lot of internal organ of chicken and pork
Durian ice cream
The ice cream was nice! We also ordered the ice kacang with durian ice cream, but I forgot to take photo of it, cause it too delicious to stop.

Near Kek Seng cafe has an art galary shop and so happen saw this wall painting and I love cats. So cute!!

Next, we try the infamous Chao Kuey Tiow in Siam Road. We had to wait for 1 hour to eat. But it is worth the wait.
The uncle who the only one that master the technique of the frying
Yummy~~~
After this, we went to Queensbay to buy things that we left of from KL. Like I forgot to bring my toothbrush. Almost all of us don't have gloves for the Escape we were planned to go in day 3.





Holy Mama... The bowl is huge!!! The noodle was nice and full.

We end our night on playing water in the swimming pool. To be warn, the water was freezing. I'm okay with the coldness, but the others didn't take it well in the cold water. 

Peace out (Y)


Photo credit to : Shane, Pei Qian and me. Mostly Shane and Pei Qian for selfies and wefies

No comments: